Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Urban Dictionary

Urban Dictionary.

Verbal Handcuffs:

When someone won't stop talking (usually about a subject you have no interest in). The talker has verbally forced you to stand there there and listen, even though you have given many clues that you have checked out. Examples: vacant stares, looking at your watch, checking your phone, answering in short one word phrases.

Girl 1 :So then I realized my cat really likes Meow Mix more than Frisky's but only if I mix it with Fancy Feast.
Girl 2: (Stares blankly)
Girl 1: Unless of course it's Chicken Livers from 9 Lives, Snowball loves that. It's her favorite.
Girl 2: Uh-huh.
Girl 1: Of course on her birthday I give her the good stuff, real tuna!
Girl 2: (Thinks fuck me, verbal handcuffs)

2 comments:

clean and crazy said...

HA,HA,ha,ha,ha-huh?

that is awesome i do the same thing when my sister calls and i tell her i gotta get off the phone and she just keeps talking a swear to god i can put the phone down and come back a few minutes later and go 'uh-huh' just so i can get my chores done.

Moll said...

As a new cat owner and former cat-hater I have learned that one can only talk about cats with other people who have cats and only when no one else is around.