Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Then you really might know what it's like

Here is a great video that I try to watch occasionally.

I try to remain humble and think about the situation people are in before I judge. I realize that many are simply not very strong emotionally. They do not have the coping skills to move past things.

I have addicts in my family who I have tried to show love to. Sometimes I think they get it, yet other days I think they only care about their addictions and using people. Then I pray for them. If I speak to them, I always try to tell them I love them. I hope they know that I love them regardless of what they choose, but I want them to be functioning, independent adults.

Ultimately, people need a chance to change.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Everlast and this video is great. I try to see the good in people, despite the choices they make. You never know what it is really like..... is so true, no one can really know, for sure why a person does the things he or she does, or hurts himself or others. Love them, but set limits, to protect ourselves/our families from getting hurt. Praying and letting them know we love them, not their actions is sometimes the best we can do.
Thanks for sharing this video.
XXXXXX

Moll said...

On my good days I am able to be open and generous and nonjudgemental. I can see the scared little children within all of us.

I am still working on the bad days.