Monday, August 17, 2009

The fight

Yeah, the fight we had Saturday was really stupid. I wanted to go see The Time Traveler's Wife with Sara,and we agreed that Hubs would take TC to see GI JOE. So when our local movie theater didn't have the Time Traveler's Wife on their automated movie line I had to change plans. I told Hubs, "I really don't want to go see a kid movie. I guess I can just wait or maybe see something else."

I guess this pissed him off because he said, "Well, you don't want to see a kid movie, but I have to take Tony Carl to see a kid movie."

I said, "How is GI JOE a kid movie? It has fighting, shooting, etc....and you said before that you wanted to see it. What the hell?"

And he kept going on and on and on until it escalated into one big ass fight.

I had just came back from the grocery store, dollar store, and Ace Hardware and all of them were still in bed. So I was pissed that I did all this and then came home to get bitched at over a movie! Hubs had just woken up as I came home and it was after 10.

I told Hubs that he could just go see District 9, since he had been talking about it and since he didn't want to go see GI JOE and I could just take the kids to the park or something, because really, I can go see a movie whenever, but I don't want my kids to be disappointed.

He kept acting a damn fool.

I sat on the couch and was crying because by this time the kids were awake and hearing the whole argument. Hubs continued to scream that I wasn't "getting his point."

Hubs had been cooking some pasta and Alfredo sauce with hamburger meat. During the fight, I looked in the pan and noticed he had put crushed red pepper in the meat. I said, "Why would you do that? I told you the last time it made me very sick!"

His reply,"Well, it is good, you'll be okay. Without it, the food would be bland."

Oh you KNOW I was calling him some names under my breath.

I was so pissed off.

I went ahead and ate later on, once I calmed down, but I was having severe stomach cramps after eating. And explosive poops.

WHAT A FUCKER.

2 comments:

ZERQ23 said...

That Ass on Fire syndrome again! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I learned from past relationships that the biggest fights were most often over the littlest, stupidist stuff. Guys can truly make mountains out of molehills. Sometimes it just seems like they're looking for a reason to go off on you. It bothers me that your hubby doesn't treat you with a little more kindness and respect. Your daughter learns from your experiences and she will grow up accepting what you do. Maybe it's time for a new approach, like walking out for awhile when he throws one of these fits so he won't have an audience. He can't fight by himself. To fix food that you know will make someone sick is just mean. I have several food allergies and if my hubby did that he'd probably end up with stew in his lap... and hot stew at that! :-)