Monday, January 11, 2010

Ch ch changes

I am conciously making changes in my marriage. I am not jumping down my husband's throat every time he says or does something I disagree with. I am thinking before I speak... and I am not yelling everytime I get angry.

Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect, and I do still get mad and raise my voice, but I think more about what I want to say before I just say it.

My husband is trying harder too and I tell him what I need instead of staying pissed because he doesn't KNOW what I need him to do. When I ask him, he does the things I need him to do.

I am trying to be more intimate. I try to hug and kiss my husband more. I text him throughout the day just to let him know I love him. I drive home with a smile on my face, ready to see him. I feel a sense of calmness that I have not felt in a long time.

I feel happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo!!! Good for you! Now, tell me how you don't stay mad at him???? Please????? LOL

clean and crazy said...

OH I almost forgot to share this with you!! The last therapy session we were in I was telling my therapist about an argument where I practiced restraint and it was very difficult because he kept arguing when i was trying to practice the mindfulness and, oh i forgot to scan it I will do that after this, but she said one thing i could try when we are arguing and i am being mindful, is to ask him 'do you love me'. to get some positive reinforcement that all we are doing is disagreeing and that this has nothing to do with our relationship status. It was something i never thought of before so i haven't tried it either but i will keep you posted. OK i am getting this scanned in and i will email you in a minute!!