Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Last days

Tomorrow is my last day at work. I can't help but be excited and also a little sad.
I got married right after I started working here.
Had both of my babies while working here.
I have gone through a lot of changes and growing up as I have worked here over the years.
To think I was 21 when I started working here. Hubs and I were newly in love.
Now I am soon to be 37 and I have learned a lot in the last 15 1/2 years.

I have learned that people are fickle.
Watch who you befriend because they can take things you tell them in confidence and use them against you.
If there are one or two people you can trust, feel blessed.
Stay out of the drama.
It took me awhile to learn this one but now I stay out of the drama and my life is a lot easier!

When I find a new job I plan on staying pretty much to myself and not getting too close to my coworkers for a long time, if ever.
Women are snakes!

3 comments:

Zephra said...

True dat.

Moll said...

Wow. What a big transition for you. I hope you have a great last day.

Masked Mom said...

When I found out the flower shop where I worked for ten years would be closing, I panicked a little but immediately started scanning the classifieds and was extremely lucky to find something right away (actually overlapped a little with the old job. Lesson learned: 40 is too old to work 60+ hours per week and still be a decent human being.).

I was very stressed about all the change and upheaval but the new job has turned out to be a real blessing both financially and mentally/emotionally. Workplace is much more supportive and healthy than the old place.

I wish the same for you!