Thursday, October 15, 2009

My husband and his crazy ideas

Well, since Billy's passing, a lot of things have been going wrong.
Financially we needed some cash and FAST.
I decided to take a 401 K loan out.
It works.

I pay the money back with my paycheck and I have done loans before.

So my husband, being the greedy ass that he is, has already decided he is joining the gym.
With some of the 401 K money.

Mind you, we have a treadmill at home.
We have 4 acres of land, a basketball goal, pool...plenty of ways to get exercise.
None of which he takes advantage of.

I mentioned that I have been walking on my break at work and now all of a sudden, he wants to join the gym.

What the fuck ever.

We need to fix our road, my car has some front end thing going on, we need to catch up on a few bills, we plan on buying a new bed, and birthdays and Christmas are coming up.

And no, I am not spending all of the money. It is only a few thousand, and it will go fast.
I plan on socking back some of it. Being a homeowner, I know that things can go wrong and I don't want to be flat busted if things DO go wrong.

I told him we can pay for one month and I will see how many times he goes to the damn gym. I bet he goes about 3 times, IF that many. Just like with anything new, he will like it for about 5 minutes, then throw it down and walk away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lord. If he doesn't work out now, what makes him think he will in a gym? But if he does, and he feels and looks better, I guess that's a plus, but I damn sure wouldn't pay for a year or anything. Hopefully they let you just pay on a month to month basis!

ZERQ23 said...

Kristi, go with him when he signs up to make sure he doesn't get talked into a 'plan' that involves many months and a contract!