Thursday, October 1, 2009

Cheater cheater pumpkin eater

I love Facebook.

I have reconnected with some old friends.
One of the friends I knew back in high school. I have talked to her a few times since we moved into our new house.
The thing is, before Hubs and I got together, I dated her brother.
And her brother was an asshole. He cheated on me and things did not end well.
I started dating the hubs and I kicked the ex (Matt) to the curb.

N-E ways, I got in contact with this old friend and I told her I will be off next week and that we should have lunch. Let me say that we NEVER talk about her brother Matt...NEVER. She never mentions his name and neither do I.

I just told Hubs about my friends and my lunch plans. And he flipped the hell out. He didn't like the idea of me hanging out with my exes sister. I was like, "Hubs, we have been married 15 years. That guy treated me like shit. Why would I even think about talking to him, much less doing anything else?"

OMG.

I told Hubs that I understand where he is coming from but that I don't have any intentions of talking about the ex or doing anything shady.

Hell, if I was, I wouldn't have told Hubs about my lunch plans at all. I might be a lot of things but I am honest and I don't lie about my intentions. EVER.

We all have a past. When you live in a small town, usually you will have exes in that town. He says he trusts me and that it is not about me, but if he trusts me, why would he even go there??

Opinions???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like he is insecure. You are a beautiful woman, and maybe, somewhere along the line, you mentioned something about how you felt about Matt at one time? Men remember that shit, but they don't remember to put anything away! LOL

Just reaffirm that you have NO need or want to even find out about Matt, that you hope he has rotted in hell or at the very least is a lonely bastard right now. And you are there to meet your old friend, nothing more, nothing less. He might still be mad, but just make sure he KNOWS that you love him, you are with him, and then ask him "Why does this bother you?" If he can be honest, that might solve the whole thing. At least you'll know WHY he is acting this way.

Zephra said...

I could understand if you were going to lunch with Matt but it is his sister. I agree with the above comment. Insecure. There is not much you can do about that except keep being honest with hubby and hope he can learn to deal with those feelings.

Masked Mom said...

My husband is the exact opposite--so secure or so trusting or whatever that it actually gets on my nerves a little sometimes. I actually did reconnect with a crush from high school in 2005 ("Mr. High School" on my blog) and my husband was freakishly fine with phone calls, letters and even an in-person meeting. Made me temporarily doubt his feelings for me AND my own attractiveness.

If your husband's jealousy or whatever you want to call it isn't too rabid, maybe you can take it as a compliment?