Thursday, April 8, 2010

Irritated

Today did not start off well. I woke up at 4 a.m. cramping like a mother dog. I took something but decided to stay up and watch tv. Woke the hubs up at 5:30 and he was having muscle spasms in his back...but he won't take his muscle relaxers. WTF?

He said he needs to really stay home for a few months and recuperate but now that I am not working he can't just take off without pay. I mean what the hell am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to pay the bills ?
I was crying and he called me and we talked.
I was feeling better about things and I went to get some paint to touch up some walls that have scuffs, marks, etc on them here at the house.

I got an e mail from TC's teacher saying he called her a bitch so I decided to pick him up instead of having him ride the bus home. I picked up Sara too and took them to McDonald's. I talked to TC about not saying bad words at school.

Then I came home and showed hubs the paint. He flipped out!
He was mad because I wanted to paint! I bought the same color we already have on the walls so I am not sure what his problem was...but he said something like, "You don't even know how to paint!"
I was thinking "Did I not paint at our old house?"

Well, I was upset, naturally. I had already stressed out all day and I didn't think the paint was a big deal, I didn't buy crazy colors, just the antique white that we already have on the walls.
I came in TC's room and sat on the bed.
Hubs eventually found me and he said, "What brought this on? When did you decide to paint?"

I told him that I am going to paint when he and the kids are at school so what was his problem with that??? This went on for awhile and eventually he said that he feels the things I do HE should be doing but he can't because of his back. I told him I enjoy doing things around here and I understand his back is bad but he needs to get off my case.


I am going to make some independent decisions from time to time and as long as they are not detrimental to our lives, he needs to just deal with it. I told him his communication skills suck and he really needs to work on them because our marriage is suffering because of his ego!

I have reconnected with some old friends and I am enjoying myself and for once things are starting to be about me!!

1 comment:

clean and crazy said...

wow, you go ahead and paint and now you know you don't need to own any of his crap. what a big baby, you should tell him that if he wants to feel like a man try some laundry and cooking!!

why is it that we women can't do anything but immasculate our men?

what a big baby, you have your hands full. try to enjoy your painting, i love painting the walls in my home, i used a burnt orange and a beige in my living room last year, and i love it!! i hate white paint with little kids, it just sucks up dirt