Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Topsy turvy

I hate it when we fight like that.

We are still tiptoeing around one another. And the hurtful things that he said are still there.
Of course I love him and Of course he is sorry.

I am trying to work on how I react to things and instead of flying off the handle and screaming and yelling, acting like an adult instead. Speaking in a calmer tone and not acting like a lunatic.

It is not all him, but it is not all me either.

I don't want my kids to have parents that are divorced. I went through that, my Mom married 3 men when I was growing up.

I also know from reading my bible that my background does not determine my destiny.

2 comments:

clean and crazy said...

i have a therapy appointment tomorrow night. it is supposed to give me some pointers on calming down. the therapist said i 'flood' with emotions easily and what you described is exactly what we are going to work on. i am really busy and don't know if i will have time to blog, but i will try to get back with you because, last time she was telling me about breathing when i was angry and i really didn't want to hear it. this time she said she may have some real tangible suggestions on what i can do when i get to that point of being that angry, things to help me calm down and get back into the moment so that what ever the disagreement is, it stays just that. see i don't know how to simply say ok we agree to disagree because at some point i want to be right and him to admit he is wrong and then everything goes out the window the first time i drop the "F" bomb!! some people i guess they can't handle anger like me. and boy can i really handle it!!
hang in there girl it will be ok i so know what you are going through.

Zephra said...

Seems like you are really trying to work on yourself and that is great. The problem is that if you only fix half the problem, you still have a problem. My husband is much the same way as your husband but he does not speak his thoughts out loud. He is passive aggressive. He doesn't get that that is what really pisses me off in the first place.